We are hiring: Case Manager
We have a fantastic full-time position available for an enthusiastic and experienced individual, with at least five years of experience as a case manager, to join one of the longest established insolvency and turnaround practices.
Based in our Manchester office with some travel to prospects in West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will acquire a mature caseload, as well as taking on new work and clients. To be considered, the applicant must be familiar with IPS software and insolvency legislation and should undertake the required CPD training. A CPI qualified candidate is preferred, however, this is not an essential requirement. This role has the potential for a medium-term pathway to JIEB, if appropriate.
Place of Work: Central Manchester, with onsite parking available
Type of work: All types of corporate insolvency, primarily in the SME arena plus must have knowledge of personal insolvency
- Ability to manage all aspects of cases from inception to closure,
- Reporting to senior staff and ‘hands on’ Partners,
- Preparation of statutory documentation,
- Preparation of SIP Reports for all case types,
- Liaising with agents and advisors associated with cases,
- Preparation of documents and reports for creditors, banks and other stakeholders,
- Dealing with creditor claims and dividends
- Drafting correspondence to creditors and other interested parties on request
- Communication with directors, creditors, debtors and information gathering
- Manage own workload, ensure statutory deadlines are met and ensure work is completed on time
- Taking responsibility for ongoing compliance on cases
- Attending site visits as and when required
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with accountants, banks, lawyers, financial institutions
- Support the general day to day operations of the Insolvency department with any task requested.
- Assisting management team with monitoring time recording completeness
Other necessary attributes
- Be level-headed and able to work in pressured environments
- Understand and manage risk within potential and current cases
- Maintain & promote high professional standards of conduct
- A positive approach to problem-solving
- Excellent in communication and use of ‘soft skills’
- Awareness of confidentiality and business-sensitive matters
- Ability to work as part of a team
Salary negotiable to the right candidate
26 days holiday plus statutory days
Some Flexibility on working 1 possibly 2 days per week from home.
To find out more about the role and our business, please forward all enquiries and CVs to Allan Cadman at email@example.com.